Fashion show funds hospital baby care
MIDWIVES from Warwick Hospital have done even more than usual to support the care of babies by swapping their uniforms for more glamourous attire and stepping on the catwalk at a fundraising fashion show.
A team from the hospital’s maternity department took part in a 45-minute display of ladies’ fashion at House of Fraser in Solihull, which was followed by a raffle with prizes donated by businesses from around the area, including Toni & Guy, Bravissimo, Mamas & Papas, Monkey Music, Parkinsons, Clarins, JoJo Maman Bebe, Planet and House of Fraser.
The event raised almost £700 towards the department, whose midwives deliver more than 3,000 babies every year.
Wendy Jones, head of midwifery at the hospital, said: “It was a fantastic evening for all and raised a considerable amount for the maternity department. The staff did a great job on the catwalk and thoroughly enjoyed it.”
- Conservatives lose overall control of Warwickshire County Council but no coalition planned
- 209 homes plan near Leamington will now go ahead
- Warwick youth theatre group’s magical play keeps audience spellbound
- Outstanding production at Leamington’s Loft is full of warmth and humour
- Free advice on offer at HR Dept
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Leamington
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west