Bad weather forces cancellation of Burmese activist talk in Leamington
The expectation of bad weather tomorrow (Saturday) has meant a meeting in Leamington at which a Burmese activist was due to speak has been cancelled.
Zoya Phan, campaigns manager for Burma Campaign UK, who has worked towards the release of and then alongside Aung San Suu Kyi, was due to speak at the meeting held by the Warwick district branch of the United Nations Association, which had been scheduled to take place at St Paul’s church in Leicester Street at noon.
Gian Clare, branch president, said: “I feel that it we could not guarantee good attendance because of the very cold weather condition and it would not be fair on our international Speaker to travel all the way from London and address just few people.
“This is great pity because we were expecting many people to attend.
“I am in the process of arrangeing another date with Zoya to come to us in the near future.”
For queries, email email@example.com
- Conservatives lose overall control of Warwickshire County Council but no coalition planned
- Lions hail Southam fete ‘best ever’
- Outstanding production at Leamington’s Loft is full of warmth and humour
- 209 homes plan near Leamington will now go ahead
- Warwick youth theatre group’s magical play keeps audience spellbound
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Leamington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 25 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East