DIY disaster beleived to have caused Walton house fire

Firefighters are warning of the dangers of DIY following a house fire in Walton.

It is believed the fire was caused by paint stripping with a naked flame, said Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service.

A 999 call was made at 3.20pm on Saturday (April 18) and three fire engines from Gaydon, Stratford and Leamington were called to the scene.

Despite a quick response, the roof of the property was completely destroyed.

The fire was located in the loft space of the building.