Police investigate fatal crash on M40 near Warwick
POLICE investigating a fatal collision on the M40 near Warwick in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) are appealing for witnesses to help them establish how and why it happened.
Officers were called to the northbound carriageway near junction 15 at about 2am where it was reported that a vehicle had left the road and was on fire in a field.
Fire and ambulance crews also attended.
The vehicle involved was a green Mini One.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the vehicle and the manner in which it was being driven before the collision is asked to call PC Wayne Knight of the Warwickshire Police major investigation unit on 415415.
- Conservatives lose overall control of Warwickshire County Council but no coalition planned
- Lions hail Southam fete ‘best ever’
- Outstanding production at Leamington’s Loft is full of warmth and humour
- 209 homes plan near Leamington will now go ahead
- Warwick youth theatre group’s magical play keeps audience spellbound
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Leamington
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 25 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East