Fire in Kenilworth play area last night caused by cigarettes

A fire in a Kenilworth play area yesterday (Wednesday March 29) was caused by discarded cigarettes, Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed.

Thursday, 30th March 2017, 10:55 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:54 pm
Crews at the fire in Guy Road park. Picture: Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service

Crews from Kenilworth Fire Station were called to the fire in Guy Road park just after 7.35pm.

The fire spread to an area of rubber matting in the play area from the cigarettes.

Crews were able to put out the fire with buckets of water and a water backpack.

A spokesman for the fire service urged people to be mindful and extinguish smoking materials fully.