Firefighters have been thanked for their speedy efforts saving a house after a fire broke out in a Leamington home.
Crews were called to a house in Offa Road on Sunday afternoon after flames were seen in the kitchen of the home.
Two engines from Leamington arrived at the home just before 12.30pm where they found a dishwasher was on fire.
During a 90-minute operation, crews extinguished the flames and nobody was hurt in the incident.
A spokesperson from the fire service said: “We confirmed that dishwasher was on fire. Crews used hose reels and breathing apparatus to clear smoke and extinguish fire.”
And a relived resident has since taken to social media to thank Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service who he said were “fantastic”.
“They arrived at the site very quickly and did a great job. Very professional, thanks for saving my house,” he said.