Person rescued from early morning house fire


A person was rescued from a house fire in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).

Firefighters from Leamington and Kenilworth said the fire started in the kitchen and the whole house was filled with smoke.

The incident happened just after midnight in Leamington, although didn’t say whereabouts in the town.

Straight after that fire, the crews were called to another fire - this time, rather bizarelly, a Christmas tree on fire on the side of the road on Coton End in Warwick.

A fire and rescue spokesperson said: “On arrival Warwickshire Police had extinguished the fire using a dry powder extinguisher. Kenilworth crew damped down using one hose reel jet. We returned to station at 1am.”