Police have cordoned off a section of Tachbrook Road after a receiving a report of a strong chemical smell at around 7pm this evening, Saturday September 9 .
Although the incident is not being treated as suspicious, the Tachbrook Road/Heathcote Lane crossroads area has been cordoned off as a precaution.
West Midlands Ambulance Service and Warwickshire Fire and Rescue are in attendance.
No injuries have been reported but residents are being advised to close all windows and doors to minimise any potential exposure to the possible chemical - suspected to be ammonia.
Disruption is likely to continue until tomorrow (September 10) while the incident is dealt with.
People living in the vicinity are being allowed to return to their homes and there are currently no plans to evacuate residents.
Residents of Heathcote Road and Warwick Gates areas are being asked to avoid the Tachbrook Road area.
Public Health England states: "Breathing in low levels of ammonia may cause irritation to the eyes nose and throat.
"High levels of ammonia may cause burns and swelling in the airways, lung damage and can be fatal.
"In severe cases the respiratory system, stomach and heart may be damaged and death may follow.
"At high concentrations, gases and fumes of ammonia can also cause corrosive damage to the skin.
"The health effects of ammonia are usually immediate and long term effects would not be expected after exposure to small amounts."