Castle Balti will reopen “bigger and better” on Monday after being closed for almost nine months following a devastating kitchen fire last summer.
The popular restaurant and takeaway in St John’s had to close on July 30 after a major fire saw firefighters tackling the blaze and smoke inside the building for three hours.
But celebrations are unfolding this week as staff, owners and curry lovers welcome news that the restaurant will finally reopen its doors to customers on April 18.
A statement from the restaurant said: “It definitely was a lot of hard work but we’re back and better than ever before.
“It’s been a massive journey for us, lots of hurdles and tons of hard work but it’s paid off.
“We have completely gutted the inside and have an even bigger space, so we really are coming back bigger and better.
“Thank you for all the support that we have been given. It means a lot to us through what was a very challenging time.
“We have the best and most loyal friend and customers any restaurant could ask for.”
Six engines were sent to the rescue last summer when most of the kitchen extension was destroyed.
The back of the building was also left severely smoke damaged.
Signs in the window during the closure have continued to thank customers during the “challenging time” for the business which opened in Warwick in 1995.
After the closure, restaurant manager, Rahman Minad said it had been an “extremely difficult time”, and that they would reopen as soon as possible following major refurbishment.
Visit their Facebook page here to find out more on the opening.